Friday, February 20, 2009

Youth?

So for those of you that don't know my minor in college will be youth ministries. I love working with youth I really do and cant wait to be a youth pastor but until then I do what I can. Today at work I realized something that is over taking my generation and it frustrates me to no end. I realized that doing drugs and such is the thing the "cool kids" do. To be honest ( im in no way perfect and struggle with allot things) this has to change. Because the emptiness that I can hear in there voices cries out to me saying " if I knew God". That is a hard thing to explain when the world is full of hate and anger and destruction. I just get so frustrated when people say that the only way a marriage will work is if you have sex before you get married. This should be a generation that praises God in a new way not take a step back. I have seen with my own eyes a building full of youth completely lost in worship and its the most amazing thing. So in a way this is a challenge to all who read. Who are you praying for? The enemy has a powerful foot hold right now so please pray leaders amongst all youth pray constantly and seek diligently to find God on your own in a new way. We can't change the world but we can help to make our community a place where God is reflected in our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment